The latest issue of Mixtape Magazine is available to read online now. We know it’s technically no longer spring, but my legs are still whiter than a ghost since it hasn’t been very hot in Halifax yet.
The cover of this issue features Kalle Mattson, a singer songwriter from Ottawa who is on the 2014 Polaris long list. Mattson sat down with Matias Munoz of Ottawa Showbox and opened up about the subject of personal loss on his album Someday, The Moon Will Be Gold.
Issue 3 highlights:
- In my editors letter I call it the fourth issue even though it’s “Issue 3”
- Adria Young reviews Cam Smith’s album Cannon. Be sure to check out his new video on Noisey as well.
- You can now listen to all the “Best Online Albums” albums online, right on Mixtape. That makes sense, right?
- Steve Lambke of Baby Eagle and the Constantines talks about the label he runs, You’ve Changed Records.
- Celina Ip from Hey I Like Your Music gets you up to speed on what Wintersleep is up to.
- Leif Vollebekk talks about recording in a state of delirium in a Q&A with the singer-songwriter.
- A look into the collaboration of the Halifax Music Co-op orchestra and contemporary artists
- Brunch with the Beverleys and more.
This also marks the first issue designed specifically to be read online and not in print form, so it’ll look nice on your computer, but even better on your phone or tablet.
Thanks for checking it out, and let us know what you liked or didn’t like.